PR and Country Coordinating Mechanisms (CCM) Communication
The Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM), a country-level multi-stakeholder partnership, develops and submits grant proposals to the Global Fund based on priority needs at the national level. After grant approval, they oversee progress during implementation. The CCM is responsible for overseeing the performance of the grants and making strategic decisions at key opportunities during grant implementation, including endorsing requests for reprogramming or changing implementation arrangements. It is important for the Principal Recipient (PR) to maintain regular communication with the CCM at every stage of the grant cycle to ensure progress is actively monitored and any bottlenecks or challenges are addressed in a timely manner.
Examples of PR-CCM best practice communication modalities include (but are not limited to):
- PR regularly attends CCM meetings and provides updates on grant implementation progress and implementation issues;
- PR shares with the CCM progress updates and/or disbursement requests submitted to the Global Fund including the Global Fund feedback and decision;
- PR proactively shares with the CCM any Performance Letters or Notification Letters shared by the Global Fund, in case the CCM was not copied;
- PR involves the CCM in any reprogramming and extension requests that they may submit to the Global Fund and provides evidence of CCM’s endorsement of the requests; and
- At the time of grant closure, PR involves the CCM in the preparation of the closeout plan and budget that should be endorsed by the CCM prior to submission to the Global Fund for approval.
The Global Fund has developed the CCM Oversight Tool or ‘dashboard’. The use of the tool is voluntary and provides CCM members with a visual, strategic summary of key financial, programmatic, and management information drawn from existing data sources.