7. Documentation of Grant Closure with Global Fund Grant Closure Letter
- Once the grant closure activities are completed by the grant closure date, the Local Fund Agent (LFA) will review the submitted final documents and the Global Fund Secretariat will validate them.
- No further payments of any kind should be processed after the grant closure date. At this time, the Country Office (CO) should also prepare a UNDP Settlement and Release Agreement and request the Global Fund to sign it.
- Once all documents are found to be complete and in order and any unspent grant funds are returned to the Global Fund, the Global Fund will document the closure of the grant with the ‘Grant Closure Letter’.
- The Global Fund will reduce the grant amount in its records by the amount of undisbursed grant funds and any refunds received from the Principal Recipient (PR).